before i even had children i hated the term "terrible twos." so when i had myles i labeled this year as the "terrific twos." i believe people live up to the titles we put on them so we were going to have a terrific 2nd year. myles turned two and is a really great kid. he loves to help, easy during transitions, making choices has always worked for him, and he even puts his own self in time-out! he is now 2 years and 10 months and wow things have changed...he is testing boundaries more than ever. he has learned the art of rolling eyes and talking back and boy is he good at it. the other night we were talking to him about rules and how this is mommy and daddy's house and we make the rules so everyone stays safe. he responds, "this is everyone's house." man he's good, i was stumped! i also give several choices throughout the day to make him feel like he has some sort of independance. well apparently my 2 choices are no longer acceptable because he throws 2 choices back at me and says "those are my 2 choices, right mom?"
maybe i have been blessed and these last two months till he turns three will be the only thing close to terrible. whatever it is i wouldn't trade him for anything he is one pretty amazing kid!
I love that kid! Honestly, we went, are still, going through that with O. Two was heaven compared to what came afterwards. But, know that you are an amazing mom. I try to be more like you, and you are not going through it alone!
ReplyDeleteI know you're up to any challenge. I'm serious when I say you should write a book. Maybe it's for selfish reasons; I'll need all the help I can get!
ReplyDelete